To give potential applicants as much time as possible to form consortia and prepare their proposals, IMI regularly publishes information on possible future topics well in advance of the official Call launch. To ensure you get the latest information on forthcoming Calls, sign up to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, or join our LinkedIn group.
Future Call dates
IMI’s next Calls for proposals are currently planned for 26/06/2019. This date is indicative and may change.
IMI2 – Calls 18 & 19
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in the next IMI Call for proposals. These topics are now at an advanced stage of development and we hope that these drafts will allow potential applicants to start working actively on proposals and forming consortia. These topics must be approved by the IMI Governing Board. The final topic text may differ from the draft versions published here, and applicants should always base their proposals on the final, approved topic texts which will be published when the Call is officially launched.
- Central repository of digital pathology slides to support the development of artificial intelligence tools
- Health Outcomes Observatories – empower patients with tools to measure their outcomes in a standardised manner creating transparency of health outcomes
- Improving patient access, understanding and adherence to healthcare information: an integrated digital health information project
- Establishing international standards in the analysis of patient reported outcomes and health-related quality of life data in cancer clinical trials
- Accelerating research & development for advanced therapy medicinal products
- Supporting the development of chimeric antigen receptor T cells
Note on IMI2 – Call 19: IMI2 – Call19 is a single stage restricted Call for proposals designed to support further research activities to allow existing successful IMI consortia to build on the achievements of their initial action, move onto the next step of the research challenge, and maximise the impacts of the initial action results. As such the Call is restricted to the initial consortia of actions that fulfil the following two conditions:
- funded through topics launched under Calls for proposals in 2014 and of 2015, since only these actions are sufficiently advanced in their implementation to be considered for followup research activities;
- derived from topics where the topic text already informed potential applicants about the possibility of a later restricted Call.
In practice, the consortia that meet these criteria are: ADAPT-SMART, BEAt-DKD, DO-IT, HARMONY, INNODIA, ITCC-P4, MOPEAD, NGN-PET, PRISM, RADAR-CNS, RESCEU, RHAPSODY, TransQST.
More information on the restricted Call, including the evaluation criteria, can be found in the draft Call text below:
Information on IMI2 – Calls 18 & 19 last updated on 24 May 2019.
Future IMI Calls for proposals
The following topics are under consideration for inclusion in future IMI Calls for proposals in the longer term. The discussions on these topics are still in their early stages. For this reason, the topics may change considerably and they will probably not be ready for inclusion in an IMI Call for proposals for several months. Furthermore, as the discussions advance, it is likely that some topics will be added to this list while others will be dropped. In any case, we hope that this list will give potential applicants a useful glimpse into what is under development in the longer term, and provide additional time to enhance their network. We will update this list whenever we have updates on the status of the topics.
Neurodegeneration and other neuroscience priorities
- Digital transformation of clinical trial endpoints in pain
- Placebo effect in pain
- Psychiatric ratings using intermediate stratified markers -2 (PRISM-2)
- Psoriatic arthritis
Infection control including vaccines
- New topic(s) under the AMR accelerator platform
- Dosing in specific populations
Big data, digital health, clinical trials and regulatory research
- ROADMAP 2: need and opportunity for public-private collaborative research to continue the RoadMap efforts
Facilitating the translation of advanced therapies to patients in Europe
- ATMP Patient Registries Outcomes Data and Evidence
- Innovative Manufacturing of Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products, ATMPs
Other enablers of research topics
- Handling of biologic drug products
More information on these potential topics can be found in this document
List updated April 2019
All information regarding future IMI Call topics is indicative and subject to change. Final information about future IMI Calls will be communicated after approval by the IMI Governing Board.